Re: Re: Incremental Date Based ID

Kevin Murphy wrote:
Well, part of the issue is that I want to be able to use this as part of the link:

/news.php?article=2006-03-05a
/news.php?article=2006-03-05b

which i will eventually do a htacess rewrite to make it look like

/news/2006-03-05a.php
/news/2006-03-05a.php

I don't think I can do that with just the Unix timestamp.

That doesn't answer the question about why you care about gaps or why you need the number of posts per day.