Re: Poker stats GET/POST page devleopment

At 12:26 PM 3/7/2006, The Doctor wrote:

Someone wishes to develop a site using PHP/SQL .

Here are the specs:

The site the client is looking for is not a gaming site.

It is a site where players register to keep track of their winnings on GAMING sites. It will have a freeroll side(where players get points not money) and a Money tour side where players will win money and points.

This site will request (GET) data from the gaming sites for the registered members and compile(POST) the info into the db. A number of queries will need to be set up ie.

top 10 - 20 - 50 for free roll
top 10 - 20 - 50 for money tour

List of registered members   by date registered

List of registered members   by points earned

List of registered members   by money won

List of registered members   by last name alphabetacally

We should also have a db of all the poker sites which we could concatenate with other queries.

ie.  registered members placements in xxxpokerroom.com  etc.

I hope all this makes sense to you.  Let me know if any of this is not doable.

P.S. They want to able to administer to the site themselves... We could set up a secure sign in and allow them access to the CGI bin through html pages or shtml pages. Not too familiar with the CMS side of things for something like this.

end of client request.

How doable is this and what Can I use in the process?

SQL options are MySQL and PostGresQL.

Member - Liberal International
This is doctor@xxxxxxxxxx       Ici doctor@xxxxxxxxxx
God Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
Canada's New CONservatives - Same old Tory.

Yes, this is doable, but do you have permission to query the results on the gaming sites? I should think they would be very reluctant to release that information.

PostGreSQL would let you do subqueries, so some operations will be a little simpler.

So -- yes you can do it, using PHP - Ruby - Python - Perl or ??? What's the real question?

Cheers - Miles in Nova Scotia.