Re: simplify DOM api

Andreas Korthaus wrote:
Rob Richards wrote:

You can also look at using xmlwriter, when creating serialized trees, that automatically does escaping for you.

Hm, AFAIK latest xmlwriter versions provide an OO API. Do you know about any documentation for it?
I will try to add some time permitting.

The only code I've seen so far is:
http://cvs.php.net/viewcvs.cgi/pecl/xmlwriter/examples/xmlwriter_oo.php?view=markup&rev=1.1.2.2

And that's not too much (but promising) ;-) Or do you know about some more complex examples?
I do, but none are available anywhere public. You should also look at the test cases that have been written for it:
http://cvs.php.net/viewcvs.cgi/php-src/ext/xmlwriter/tests/
These have cases for both OO and procedural.

Btw. I need to validate my created documents against an XML schema, I doubt this is possible with xmlwriter.
Not unless you re-load the document using a validating parser. I had just thrown that extension out there in the event you were just creating a serialized tree.

Rob