Re: Re: Detect where someone comes from

If you want to find out who is actually linking to you altogether (such as
for search engine optimization, etc.) you are going to want to use the
following search query in Yahoo...

linksite:yoursite.com -site:yoursite.com

This will tell you everyone who is linking to you minus the links coming
from your site. Google only shows a subset of the links pointing to you, and
it is difficult to exclude your own domain from those results. MSN doesn't
have a deep enough spider to really give you an accurate response, so Yahoo
is the best.

There are some more tricks if you are interested, shoot me an email.

Russ Jones
CTO Virante, Inc.