Sendmail issue

Hi all, I am trying to trigger a php script by sending an email to it. The
script commences with

#!/usr/local/bin/php

to run as a general cgi, and then proceeds to access the email by opening
php://stdin. I get all that.

However, I am editing the /etc/aliases file to create an email alias for the
script by inserting the following line:

agecon "/|/home/agecon/dm/ac_incomingphp"

...as per the usual process, the user where my files are is called agecon,
so I expect that when I send an email to agecon@***.co.uk it will be passed
the the script. I ran sendmail -bi to update the alias after editing but
when I send the email nothing happens. Am I missing something.

I understand that this is a php/Linux question rather than a pure php
inquiry but wonder if anyone has tried to do the same thing.

Thanks in advance, dave goodchild (web-buddha.co.uk)