Re: Re: How do I read Exif data without a file?

> >> Answering myself: I solved this with tempnam(). I'm not completely sure
> >> about the portability, and of course it's a waste to write a file at all.
> >> And it could pose a security problem as well. Ho hum.
> >
> > You only need to do it once - then store it back in the database. That
> > info isn't going to change.
> >
> > When you store the image in the database you can get the info and store it
> > then.
>
> No, I can't. I've got some images, with exif information in the DB. I'm now
> generating thumbnails for them, and also storing those in the DB. No files
> at all, and therefore I can't read exif data for the thumbnails.

So how do you GET the images into the database? from the filesystem
(whether you are uploading through a form or importing it, it's still
on the filesystem at some point). Generate the exif once (using your
tempnam workaround) then update the database.. so you only need to do
it once.