Re: parse_url not parsing hosts with www properly in php 5.1.2

Dan Rossi wrote:

On 23/02/2006, at 8:45 PM, Jochem Maas wrote:

Dan Rossi wrote:

Ok it looks like when i exploded the urls by a comma, one has space

exploding the urls??? - this list is not called 'php-psychics'
for a reason. i.e. don't assume we know that you happen to have a
string which contains 'urls' that you seem to explode on a comma before
going on to run parse_url() on each item in the ensuing array. ;-)

PHP slang == explode()

I understand what exploding means in the context of php, what I didn't
understand was that you started to go about exploding urls in a follow
on post without any clarification (in the previous post there was no mention
of the processing being done to the _url_ let alone that your dealing
with a whole list of urls)

obviously you didn't get the point about not forcing
other people to infer whatever it is you are doing [prior
to where your code 'breaks']  when you want them to help you fix your
code.

padding, i had to trim it first, the array was coming out like host=>__http path=>//www.thedomain.com :\

here is another example of what I mean: in the string "__http"
you _seem_ (that what I infer but I don't for sure) assume that
everyone implicitly understands that where yuou place an underscore
should be read as a blank space.

that 'array' is clear as mud.

next time maybe post some code and show (copy+paste) the actual output not
some handtyped approximation. And before doing even that I recommend
you always do some simple debugging with var_dump() to examine the
actual contents of the variables in the code that seems to be broken
(once you see what in a variable it is quite often obvious what is going
wrong).

The previous part was from the var_dump ,as explained the url needed

do you see the difference between the following 2 statements?:

1. 'one has space padding'
2. 'it had a space before the http://'

and with regard to the remark "The previous part was from the var_dump"
that is just not true as the following code demonstrates
(unless you happen to have a php install with a serverly borked
var_dump() function):

$r = array(
	"host" => "__http",
	"path" => "//www.thedomain.com"
);

var_dump($r);

this outputs (notice how the output is nothing like the string
"host=>__http path=>//www.thedomain.com" that you posted originally):

array(2) {
  ["host"]=>
  string(6) "__http"