Re: Reading binary http post

You probably should be URL-encoding your data in the first place...
http://php.net/urlencode

<?php
$data = "&whatever funky characters you want":
$data_url = urlencode($data);

//WRONG:
$URL = "http://example.com/$data";

//RIGHT:
$URL = "http://example.com/$data_url";;

If it's not feasible for your C++ application to replicate urlencode()
then you may be able to get what you want with that http_raw_post_data
stuff.  You'll have to search on php.net for something not unlike "raw
post data" until you find it, as I don't have the ULR in my head.

But you'd be 100% better off to follow the standards and url-encode
the data in the first place -- Especially if you're ever going to
re-use this code elsewhere, and MOST especially if you ever might want
to hook up YOUR code to another person's server that actually follows
the standards.

On Tue, February 21, 2006 12:40 pm, Dirk Vanden Boer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a C++ application that posts binary data to a php script that I
> created using libcurl. Everything works fine except when my binary
> data
> happens to start with the '&' symbol. In that case I can't read the
> http
> post data (isset returns false).
>
> The post argument then looks like data=&ÑÚA
> Reading the post is done like this:
> if (isset($_POST['data'])
> Is there a way to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance