Re: Site bloated by images

MARG's suggestion is right on,

I took a look at some of the images, and while relatively small at 250 x 300 pixels, they end up displaying in an image statement that limits them to 15 x 16 pixels (or there abouts) on the finished page. If you only need 15 x 16 pixels, resize the files to that size and reduce the transfer size to about 5 percent of their current size. What you are doing is transferring all the pixels then asking the browser at the destination to resize them. This will eat up bandwidth very fast. If you need to keep the original image with lots of pixels, keep copies on your work machine and not on the server.

good luck,

Warren
warren@xxxxxxxxxxxx