Re: php module problems ???

On Wed, February 15, 2006 8:36 pm, Mehmet Fatih Akbulut wrote:
> hi all,
> i install fileinfo and memcache using pecl
> #pecl install fileinfo
> #pecl install memcache
> then add extension=fileinfo.so and extension=memcache.so in my php.ini
> file and finally restart apache but still get these errors :
>
> # MIME Magic Support (fileinfo): No
> # memcached Support (memcache): No
>
> what else should i do ???
> do i have to install anything else ?

Check your Apache error log for messages.

It SHOULD have messages about having successfully restarted when you
restarted.

If it doesn't, you only THINK you re-started Apache, and didn't.  I've
seen cases where apachectl (or maybe /etc/rc.d/rc.init/S10apache)
would fail to kill/start Apache, but would output a message that it
HAD done so. :-(

More likely, however, you've got error messages about the .so files
not being valid or not being found.

They have to be where php.ini says they should be, and if your php.ini
is out of sync with your pecl, then pecl put them someplace else. :-(

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm