Re: Clear POST variables

On Thu, February 16, 2006 9:15 am, John Wells wrote:
> I'm curious to hear what others say, but I tend to build into my
> application flow a header("Location: someurl") redirect after a form
> submission.  It's just as if you were to include("somefile") the
> resulting page, but by using header() you are moving the user away
> from the action so that this sort of thing won't happen.  In my
> experience it also helps with a user's tendency to use the back
> button--which is not "wrong", it can just get in the way of rich
> applications.

If it's not "wrong" for me to push the "back" button, why are you
breaking it with all your re-directs :-)

Seriously, I think the re-direct feature is the most over-used and
abused feature.

It's also wasteful of HTTP connections which will kill a busy server,
and does not scale well.

I generally find that if I sit down and figure out why there is a
re-direct, and then code the application so that I don't need the
re-direct, because I've gathered/generated the information in advance
or re-structed things to not need the re-direct, I end up with a far
more clean and sensible design in my code-base.

YMMV

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm