Re: Site bloated by images

On Thu, February 16, 2006 8:36 am, MARG wrote:
> I have this site on
> http://www.dte.ua.pt/portulano/
>
> The problem with it is that it tak ages for the images to appear.
> I have several other sites in the same server and this one is the only
> which has this kind of trouble.
>
> I've already pushed up memory_limit in php.ini, but no good :(

It's probably not (just) the images...

I did:
time wget http://www.dte.ua.pt/portulano/
which snags JUST the HTML, and no images.

It went up to around 28K in reasonable time, and then just sort of
hung for a lonnnnnnnng time with that ~28K number.

real    3m3.158s
user    0m0.001s
sys     0m0.016s

Doing a:
split -b 28000 index.html
would indicate that the problem code is in or near the calendar
section of the HTML.

Of course, this was only a single test.  You'd need to duplicate and
see the same behaviour multiple times, at the same filesize point, to
be sure it's where I think it is.

And, really, it's not the best way to test these things, but without
having your source, it was the best easy thing I could come up with.

That said, all these posts about the images are probably a false
trail, at least for your first pass of debugging.

:-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm