Re: Ternary operators

sorry - I have had a php5 CLI at hand for so long
I forgot that 'php -r' is not available in v4.

that said the 'php -a' option also works (although
I always find the interactive mode odd to work with)

Kevin Kinsey wrote:
Carl Furst wrote:

Well, I tried something simple...

$ php -r 'echo "hello world\n";'
Error in argument 1, char 2: option not found r
Error in argument 1, char 2: option not found r
Usage: php [-q] [-h] [-s] [-v] [-i] [-f <file>]
      php <file> [args...]
 -a               Run interactively
 -C               Do not chdir to the script's directory
 -c <path>|<file> Look for php.ini file in this directory
 -n               No php.ini file will be used
 -d foo[=bar]     Define INI entry foo with value 'bar'
 -e               Generate extended information for debugger/profiler
 -f <file>        Parse <file>.  Implies `-q'
 -h               This help
 -i               PHP information
 -l               Syntax check only (lint)
 -m               Show compiled in modules
 -q               Quiet-mode.  Suppress HTTP Header output.
 -s               Display colour syntax highlighted source.
 -v               Version number
 -w               Display source with stripped comments and whitespace.
 -z <file>        Load Zend extension <file>.

This means my install can't run inline stuff like this? Guess it wasn't set up to do that. So no I won't say that I will use php -r to test anything..
lol :)

Actually run "php -v" and let's see if it's not version 4 ... in
which there is no "r" option available IIRC ....

please say your going start using "php -r" to test stuff like this. :-)

Not unless he upgrades, apparently.

Still, not too hard to open an editor, code a tiny script,
and run it from the CLI in either PHP4 or PHP5.

Let's all learn to test things, eh?

Kevin Kinsey