Re: Upload via email?

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 22:37 -0500, Michael Crute wrote:
> On 2/15/06, Nicholas Couloute <njcjr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > How would u make a script that uploads files to ur server via email? 1.
> > user emails the server 2. if there is a audio file (amr) attached then
> > add it a folder! Are there any scripts that can do that?
>

> This will take some work but what you want to do is setup a email
> account that you designate as the "upload email". You will want to
> write a script to access this email box and download the content
> directory. Will probably cron this script.

I contributed a class to phpclasses.org a while back that does this.
Check it out here:

http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/2816.html

It relies on PEAR Net_POP3 and Mail_Mime to do the heavy lifting. The
class method that end off the process returns an array of the message
body, subject etc, as well as a reference to the file that is attached.
I use it quite extensively in our e-learning system and framework as
well, so it works well.

--Paul