Re: Routing downloads through PHP

Barry wrote:
J_K9 wrote:
Duncan Hill wrote:

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 11:35, J_K9 wrote:

Duncan Hill wrote:

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 11:05, J_K9 wrote:

Here's the exact 500 error I'm getting:

Standard Apache error. Look in your error log for more details like it
suggests?

I would, but I can't find it. I thought it was under /var/log, but
having taken a good look I just can't find the logs. And the fact that I
can't use slocate to find them because I can't get root access to run
updatedb doesn't help either ;)

If you have read access to the apache configuration files, the ErrorLog statement (+ServerRoot) should tell you where your logs are.

(There's no need to CC me, I get the list :p)

Nothing's in the right place! I can't even find the Apache conf file... This is the problem with using external hosting - they do things differently. :@

Aren't there any PHP functions I can use to let me know where the errors are happening? I'm sure I've seen one somewhere; I just don't remember it, that's all... ;)

Thanks,

J_k9

The error you get is an "Apache" error and has nothing to do with php so there are no error reportings within PHP for apache.

There might be a problem setting the content header prolly because Apache dont have them or what the hell i know.

Sorry i can't help from here without any log output and or config files.

Doesn't locate work on you system?
$ locate log

Probably you have a virtual hosting.

look at /var/www

Otherwise no idea.

The code is okay, i use it myself and it works just great.

Greets
    Barry

No - I'll have to get in contact with my hosting support team, because this is beginning to annoy me.

locate doesn't work because it has no database to work from - and I can't updatedb because I don't have the necessary perms. I tried a 'find -name 'httpd.conf'', but that didn't work because it spat out a bunch of tasks from within /proc and also references to /home/user.daily/etc, ~.daily/ssl, ~.daily/mail, and a few more from there: all of which I don't have permission to access.

Thanks for confirming that it works though - now all I have to do is send an email to the support team and wait for their reply. :)

Cheers,

J_K9