Re: make test failures

Chris wrote:

I'm recompiling php 5.1.2 on an up-to-date fedora core 4 system and pretty much every test is failing when I run 'make test'.

I figure it's a server issue but I have no idea where to start looking.

make test asks you do you want to send a mail, answer yes

I thought someone might've seen this before and it turned out to be bad memory or a bad version of "X"...

I'll see how I go with mailing the report to qa.

I doubt they will look at it if every test is going wrong.

I sometimes have a situation whereby the php I have just built will fail
all test (make test) because the newly built php uses the existing php.ini
and therefore tries to load all the extension that were built for the
currently installed version of php - which doesn't work and causes php
startup errors to be emitted. make test runs a seperate instance of php for
each test - as a result each test will fail because the 'controller script'
running each test get the startup error message each time and sees this message
as meaning the test failed (which is not necessarily true)

anyway that might be what you are experiencing, then again it might not be!

Thanks.