Re: Class/functions question

Paul Goepfert wrote:
I was able to get part of my page to load when I created the
Validation class and put a call to the validation class within my
table.  When I did that the  page loaded up until the php code to call
the method and then it does not load the rest of the page.    Can
anyone help me with this?  By the way I am calling $_POST["name"] as

it sounds like your class does not exist (or some function or class
it relies on).

the parameter to be passed into the function

so my php code looks like:
<?php

$a = new Validation;
$a->checkEmpty($_POST["name"]);
?>

1. check your error log for an error messge.
2. determine if the class exists at the time that the above code is run
e.g. with class_exists('Validation').
3. determine if $a is actually a Validation object (i.e. the creation of a new object succeeded)

Paul