RE: What's a Blog?

[snip]
I have a client who wants to blog or he wants a blog on his website. I don't
know anything about these blogs except it's sort of a fad I think.

Isn't a blog just a simple web form with a big textarea on the blogger's
side writing to a database and then the data is displayed in chronological
order on the readers side of a website? I could create that in under an
hour.

What don't I know? I searched up some scripts, some were free some were
$500!

Somebody like to point me at a good script that would enlighten me?
[/snip]

Try out some of the open source scripts you have looked at. Install them.
Play with them. Blogs usually allow commentary on an author's article. You
could probably write one in under an hour.