Re: define() or $variable for application settings?

Hi Matt,

I use define's.

With variables it's easy to forget to global'ise it when you go into a function, define's don't have this issue.

Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I have a config.inc.php file which basically contains all the
configuration info that the applications needs (directory/file
locations, database credentials, etc). The information there is set
using the define() function.

However, I've seen some open-source projects which either use
$variables or associative arrays to save the values.

My application works pretty fine but I'd like to solicit opinions from
everyone on what they are using in this case. Also, I have plans of
putting up a sort of coding guidelines for the company so it might
help to have other opinions on this one.

Thanks and best regards,
Matt