Re: Re: [Off] Cheap SSL certificates?

On Fri, February 3, 2006 11:06 am, Philip Hallstrom wrote:
it permanently.  With IE you have to ask that they download your root
certificate (click click, installed)

I've never gotten that to work, actually...

It always keeps asking me over and over to "install" the cert and I
do, and next time I go back, it asks again.

Hmm... it's been awhile since I've done it, but my memory is that you just upload your ca.crt file to the web and have them click on it. As they go through the steps it should add it to the root store.

Somewhere I've got info on it, but it might take me awhile to find. Bug me offlist if you're interested.

-philip