RE: Re: php4 vs. php5

> I'm wondering if you can outline, or direct me to a resource that
> explicitly notes the benefits of php5 over php4.

The main benefit I see to PHP5 over PHP4 (and one that may not be covered in
the "migrating" document at php.net) is that PHP4 is going away, and that
migrating from PHP4 to PHP5 will almost certainly be an easier job than
migrating from PHP4 to PHP6 a year down the line.  In addition, as more
people migrate, fewer people will be available to support PHP4.  To me this
is the most compelling argument for migrating as soon as possible.

In fact, it would probably be prudent to get a copy of the PHP6 roadmap and
be aware of ITS changes as you make the migration.

JM