Excell to CSV Date Calculations

Hello all,

I have a script that takes a CSV file in as data and does some updates to the
DB accordingly.  Some of those values are dates.  When I save the spreadsheet
in Open Office to a CSV file, the dates are saved as the internal date format
of Open Office.  I need to figure out a way to convert that number into an
actual date

I know that this might not necessarily be a PHP question, but I was hoping to
be able to solve this problem with PHP.  I checked, and MS Excel is one day
off from Open Office on the internal date values, which throws a huge wrench
in my program, since not everyone has Excel here.

So, there are two possible solutions to my problem.  Find a way to make the
date the text it is supposed to represent and save that in the CSV file, or
use PHP to calculate the correct date.

On a side note, I did figure out a function to be able to handle this in the
spreadsheet, but the users will ask questions even if I show them time and
time again how to do it.

=CONCATENATE(MONTH(D2); "/"; DAY(D2); "/"; YEAR(D2))

Just trying to find an easier solution :)

Thanks!

--
Ray Hauge
Programmer/Systems Administrator