Re: How to get a network drive name

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Moseby" <JMoseby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "'Ibrahima TALL'" <ibrahima.tall@xxxxxxxxx>; "Jim Moseby" <JMoseby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:59 PM
Subject: RE:  How to get a network drive name

The NET USE command gives many infos about the network drives
by the name of
the drive is not given.
See the Net Use output in the joined file of this message

?tat         Local     Distant                   R,seau
-----------------
OK           X:        \\Icd-dsk-it-dv\Public    R,seau
Microsoft Windows
D,connect,e  Y:        \\Icd-dsk-gm-dv\Public    R,seau
Microsoft Windows
D,connect,e  Z:        \\Icd-dsk-wa-dv\Public    R,seau
Microsoft Windows
D,connect,e            \\Icd-dsk-lc-dv\MP3       R,seau
Microsoft Windows
D,connect,e            \\Icd-dsk-wa-dv\Public    R,seau
Microsoft Windows
La commande s'est termin,e correctement.

I'm afraid I'm back to not understanding what you want.  :-/

In the above output the "Distant" column is the drive name, no?  If not,
The "Distant" column is the UNC name of the X: notation, but on my computer this X: letter is in fact IBRAHIMA(X:) named. You can do it by mapping a network driver on your desktop, then do a right click to rename it, so you can give the name you want. For example the X: becomes IBRAHIMA(X:). What i need again is not the X: string or the UNC form but IBRAHIMA. and this information is not displayed with the NET USE command you can trust me for having done it.

where do you see the names that you want to get?
You don't see it because it's not displyed justly by this command.
What i suggest for you is to map a network drive, then rename it whit IBRAHIMA or whatever you want and then run NET USE you will not see IBRAHIMA.
Thanks ...

JM