RE: How to get a network drive name

<snip>

 >i have already tryed this command barry, in fact the name of
 >the volume is
 >different from the name of a network drive. A volume concerns
 >a partition i
 >think
 >For exemple, you can define many drives, let say COMMON1(X:),
 >COMMON2(Y:) in
 >the DISK(C:).
 >In this situation, the volume name is DISK for the three drives and
 >different from COMMON1 and COMMON2.
 >I have tried many other dos commands but with no succes
 >TALL Ibrahima

If you are using windowsxp:

Vol will give you the partition name, hence:
I have 2 partitions on one disk, Part1, Part2 and c:, d: respectively.

Vol c:

 Volume in drive C is Part1
 Volume Serial Number is ****-****

Vol d:
 Volume in drive D is Part2
 Volume Serial Number is ****-****

If you want more details on network drives, use "Net Use"
Example:

Net Use S:

Local name        S:
Remote name       \\SomeServer\SomeShare
Resource type     Disk
Status            OK
# Opens           1
# Connections     1