Re: Hide email addresses from spam bots

> I doubt if this can be done, but it there a way to detect a spambot
> as compared to a SE indexing your site? They are both basically the
> same, right?

Yes, if you can assume that a spambot will be doing sneaky things to
hide its origin or identity. The "bad behavior" project has been
trying to develop a script to detect bad spambots and other evil
robots based on rule-breaking:

"Bad Behavior is a set of PHP scripts which prevents spambots from
accessing your site by analyzing their actual HTTP requests and
comparing them to profiles from known spambots. It goes far beyond
User-Agent and Referer, however. Bad Behavior is available for several
PHP-based software packages, and also can be integrated in seconds
into any PHP script."

http://www.ioerror.us/software/bad-behavior/

Worth checking out..

- schnippy