Re: Re: Problems with GZIPped content in some cases?!?

Hi Barry (and others),

Thanks for your answer!

This is surely a browser problem.

I already feared as much...

The nasty thing is that due to this some of the end users of our client are losing confidence in the way the application works. Disabling GZIP is not really what I want to do either, as some pages alone comprise about 1MB (!) of pure HTML...:D

However... I have of course also been RTFM-ing a good bit, and I'm now trying the far simpler per page override of the output buffer by using the following function call:

ob_start("ob_gzhandler");

This seems to enforce GZIP compression correctly (I've performed a socket call and analysed the headers and data, and it is GZIPped alright, and the header for GZIP compression is set as well), so I have just informed our client that I would like them to test it again.

I will keep the list posted as well to let you know if it works correctly now or not...

Cheers,
Olafo