Re: Please help with apache 2

Hi,
Thanks, putting the addtype in the <directory> section seems to have solved the problem.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Trainor" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "PHP" <php_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 6:09 PM
Subject: Re:  Please help with apache 2

PHP wrote:
Help, I can't find anything on this.
 I upgraded from apache 1.3 to apache 2.2
My problem is, I currently have .htm files being parsed as php, that works fine. However, if I have the php_engine turned off for a directory, any .htm files will now prompt firefox to download it. How do I stop this? I need to keep .htm files parsed for php, but I also need to be able to turn php off for certain directories and still allow regular .htm files to be seen.
 Thanks.

Hi -

Looks like AddType can be used on a per-container (directory container, virtual host container, or even from htaccess, that is)-basis. Consider using this to parse PHP via .html pages. Then, you could leave php_engine on for the rest of the site.

Hope that helps
-dant