Re: Connect to AS400

On Thu, January 26, 2006 2:23 pm, Justin Cook wrote:
> We need to connect to a database on our AS400. Would this be best
> accomplished with ODBC? If not, what is the preferred method? Thanks!

The AS400 was discussed on this list, or possible on the predecessor
list which was just php@xxxxxxxxxxxxx back in the day when there was
only one PHP mailing list (not counting internal developer lists).

As I recall, a straight ODBC connection was not quite enough, and some
Voodoo had to be performed to get it to work, but it was possible.

I also vaguely recall that the AS400 ended up being READ-ONLY, at
least under one variant of that voodoo...

But this is going WAAAAAAY back in time, so you'll need to search the
archives to confirm.

But, for sure, some developers have faced and at least partially
solved this at some time in the past, so it's worth digging for it.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm