RE: PHP / Apache + Error 500

Thomas wrote:
> I had a look at the Apache log file I got from the SP ... no clue. All I
> know is that they use Apache 1.x/PHP5/Linux/MySQL(v4?).

Did you look at the access_log or error_log?

The error_log should give you an indication of why it is happening.

Do you try to access system files or use a lot of memory? Are you sure that
the production server has all the modules installed that your testing server
has? Quite important, is the same version installed on your testing server
as on the production server?

> They say that it is not their server but my scripts, however, if that was
> the case I would get these errors on my machine too. Also, the randomness
> of this also indicates that it can't really be my php scripts, otherwise
> it would happen all the time.

Yes and no. You can only say that with certainty if your test and production
environments are the same.

If you are absolutely 100% certain that it is not your scripts, start
looking at the differences between what you have and what your ISP provides.

Alternatively test it on another server as well.

Albert