From: David BERCOT [mailto:david.bercot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 6:54 PM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Managing sessions...

Hi again,

Ok, it's probably not the first time you have a question about sessions with
PHP ;-) I've tried to read mails, documentation, searching on Internet but,
finally, I think everything is not clear !!!

First of all, I understand that, if session.auto_start is not on '1', I have
to write session_start on each page I use !!! OK.
Before this line, I put options :
ini_set("session.use_only_cookies",1);
ini_set("session.use_trans_sid",0);
ini_set("error_reporting",E_ALL);
and then :
session_start();

I think it is very heavy to write... I read about
ini_set("session.auto_start",1) but, on my server (Debian), it doesn't seem
working...
And I also read about options which can be not set if I use auto_start...

So, I'd like to put my options (use_trans_sid, 0, etc...) and to have lite
scripts. Is it possible ?
Isn't there, like in asp, a global.asa where I can put all my parameters ?

Thank you very much.

David.