Re: Determining number of days in a selected month

The java mailing list I belong to recently had this same conversation. I didn't know php had that ability built in. Java doesn't (score another one for php). The cleanest solution I saw on the Java list that would be non-language specific (in other words, the same logic can be implemented in ANY language) would be to set a variable to the first day of the month AHEAD of the month you want. For example, if your looking for February, 2000, set the variable to be March 1st, 2000. Then subtract 1 day. I have actually archived this solution in my own little knowledge base as I thought it was quite clever.

Hope this helps other people as well.

Jeff Pearson