Re: mod_php environment

On Fri, January 20, 2006 9:30 am, ms419@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> How do I configure which variables are passed to mod_php's
> environment?
>
> I'm working on a project using Jon Praise' superb PHP SASL bindings -
> http://cgi.sfu.ca/~jdbates/moin/moin.cgi/SquirrelMail&SASL
>
> Using GSSAPI authentication requires a KRB5CCNAME environment variable
> be passed from mod_auth_kerb to the SASL C library
>
> It works great with php-cgi - the PHP environment contains all the
> variables from the Apache environment - but with mod_php, the PHP
> environment contains only LANG & PATH
>
> I can still get the value of KRB5CCNAME using $_SERVER['KRB5CCNAME'],
> but because $_ENV['KRB5CCNAME'] doesn't work, GSSAPI authentication
> fails
>
> Because SquirrelMail - & even the PHP SASL bindings - are designed to
> be
> abstract from any one particular authentication mechanism, I don't
> think
> the PHP script is the right place for $_ENV['KRB5CCNAME'] =
> $_SERVER['KRB5CCNAME']
>
> Instead, I want to configure mod_php to pass KRB5CCNAME from Apache's
> environment to the PHP environment - but so far no luck figuring out
> how

I *think* that you want to ask how you configure APACHE to include
that in ENV variable -- because PHP just passes on whatever Apache
gives it in ENV.

PHP doesn't go out and make any decision here.

What Apache puts in ENV, PHP puts in $_ENV.

See httpd.conf and http://apache.org/

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm