Re: squirrelmail php memory

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 10:47:50PM -0500, maillists wrote:
> Here is a sample error that appears sometimes in the pages:
>
> <snip>
> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to
> allocate 35 bytes)
> in /var/www/mail.gmnet.net/html/functions/imap_mailbox.php on line 66
>
> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to
> allocate 40 bytes) in Unknown on line 0
>
> Is this something that I can fix with a php config? if so where do I
> start?

Yeah, this means you have php compiled with the
--enable-memory-limit option.  Well depending on how you have
things set up, the option you want change is the
php.ini:memory_limit option.  You can change this value in either
php.ini or within your apache config some place for example:

<Directory /path/to/squirrelmail/install/>
  php_value memory_limit -1
</Directory>

Or plop the php_value directive in a .htaccess where squirrelmail
is installed (assuming .htaccess is enabled)

see:
http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.memory-limit

Although I used the -1 as an example, which disables the memory
limits, i would put some limit to avoid the system to use up all
the available memory.

Curt.
--
cat .signature: No such file or directory