Re: Embedded player

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:24:44 -0200
"Rodolfo Andrade" <rodolfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you are looking for compatibility then I would recommend the flash
> player solution. There are a *LOT* of sites that use flash so I don't
> think that making it "a must" will impact your users.
>
> I don't know which type of users will access your church site, but
> I'm sure that if they even use Linux, they will install the plugin,
> if they haven't done so.

Unfortunately the flash plug-in is not available for all Linux
platforms.  I run Linux on AMD64 (my workstation is a dual-Opteron246),
and there are no 64-bit flash plug-ins for Linux.  It is possible if
you un-install the 64-bit Mozilla and install the 32-bit version into a
32-bit chroot environment, but it's not worth the hassle to me.

I avoid flash like the plague.

Regards,
Ozz.