Re: generate database driven web pages

Bing Du wrote:
Hello everyone,

Here is what I want to accomplish. Query the backend database and generate a page listing all the staff members in table format that has name, title, phone and office address. Staff name should be a link. Clicking the link should query the database again and use the information retrieved (e.g. projects, educations, etc.) to generate a page for each staff member. A staff list page can be generated pretty easily.

Now my question is how to keep the staffID (although it is not shown on the staff list page, but is queried along with name, title, etc.) so that when a staff name is clicked, his/her staffID will then be used to query the DB for personal information.

Anybody have any handy working examples to give me some hints?

Thanks in advance for any help.

<basic>
Pass it along in the url query string.
</basic>