Re: input validation?

Hmm.. I didn't see anyone ask "before or after the user clicks SUBMIT"?

If it's before, then you should use javascript to check the form element prior to submitting (you can check realtime with the onkeydown, onkeyup events...  check after a user moves off of the form element with onchange or even onfocus/onblur... or when the user clicks 'submit' with the onsubmit event).

Whenever you check it... it's going to be something like forms[formnameornumber].formelementname.length   or something like that in JS.

If it's after the user submits the form, then yeah, what everyone else said..  strlen($data) (where $data contains the information submitted).

-TG