From: Dotan Cohen [mailto:dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:49 PM
To: Sameer N Ingole
Cc: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Sending mail with php-

On 1/10/06, Sameer N Ingole <strike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Dotan,
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
> >On my home Fedora Core 4 box I run Apache 2.0. Sometimes when sending
> >mail with php no mail is delivered, and I find this in the logs:
> >
> ><<< 550-Verification failed for <apache@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> ><<< 550-unrouteable mail domain "localhost.localdomain"
> ><<< 550 Sender verify failed
> >
> You are getting this error because apache@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx cannot
> be reached from Internet and whoever you are sending mail to may have
> something called sender check. This verifies if the sender of this
mail
> is reachable. This avoids spammers to send mails using unreachable
> addresses. Also he may be checking spf-record for your From: domain on
> mail envelop.
>

> >So I changed the only email address in httpd.conf to:
> >ServerAdmin dotan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> What error you are getting after you change address in apache and try
> sending mail after restarting apache?
>

> >But I still get the error! I did restart apache and even went so far
as to
> >reboot the machine. If I cannot modify the parameter within apache,
> >then where should I modify it? Within php? Within sendmail?

Excact same error. Actually, this was working fine until recently. I
use the script (homemade) to send out the http://lyricslist.com
monthly newsletter every month- and only this month am I having
problems. No changes made to apache, php, or sendmail except the
regular updates. Could an update have broken this?

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/short_answer/what_is_hdtv.html
876