Re: Is there a way to display data from database for Select Options in a form?

Sue,

Sue wrote:
> We have a form that contains a Select option for a listing of available
> dates for the user to choose from.  Right now we have to manually change the
> dates within the form's Selection list as new dates become available to
> choose from.  We currently store these available dates in our database, and
> am wondering if we can somehow extract these dates from the table to display
> in our form?  This would eliminate alot of maintenance needed to this form.
> If anyone has any ideas as to reference material etc. that I may look which
> would give me an idea how to do this using PHP, I'd appreciate it!

I'd recommend reading the PHP manual at:

http://www.php.net/docs.php

There you will find chapters on using various database functions, such as:

MySQL
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php

PostgreSQL
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pgsql.php