Re: Very high speed session management -- help me test

Jochem Maas wrote:

> hi Mark,
>
> Mark wrote:
>> I have a program called MCache, it used to be MSession. I'm trying to get
>
> why 'Cache' - its a session handler right? (I think the name is a little
> confusing, but maybe its just me - I have been adding cache mechanisms
> to a site for the last month or so!)

Because it is more of a cache, I envision using it to cache PHP objects
independent of sessions. Think of how you'd implement a poll site. MCache
is designed to handle concurrency and provide some limited atomic numeric
functions.

> is this better than using the 'files' session handler and setting the
> session save path to a tmpfs filesystem (in effect a RAM disk) in a
> signle server env.?

This is not really intended for a single server site, but could provide
some benefit as a way of abstracting file or SQL session storage.