Re: Managing upload files in multiple servers(pawns)

On Saturday 31 December 2005 02:06, Srinadh Sannidhanam wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have a site in php and two web servers(pawns) to balance the load.
> There is a page in the site through which user can upload images.
>
> When a user uploads an image, the request goes to only one of the two
> servers.
> So the image will be uploaded to only one server.

Use a shared file system such as NFS for upload storage.

Use some form of session management/balancing that ensures a client browser
that upload ends up on the same server immediately afterwards, and use
something like rsync to keep the image area in sync.

Shared storage is probably the better bet - perhaps with clever code that
tries a local disk first, then the shared storage if not found on local.  If
found shared and not local, pull to local.