Re: web app in my portflio

I have a web application I've just completed, and I want to present it as part of my online portfolio, most of which hi-lights my work as a front end developer. My question is this: How do I go about showing off all of the hard-work I've done on the back-end? Do I simply describe the structure of the program, or should I present the ERD, code samples, screen-shots, etc? Is there such a thing as a "code portfolio" ? Does anyone have examples of their own work to share? Thanks.

First... be careful if it's your employers application. They might not want their database schema posted for the world to see. If that's not an issue then...

I'd write up an overview document. Include some screenshots. Basically a resume for your app. Make it long enough so it's clear that it's complex and clear what you did, but short enough so that the person can understand what it is the app does and what you did.

If you can, host a private copy of the application for demoing purposes that you can show on a case by case basis.

And if you're releasing the code, by all means post it (tgz or zip) so those curious can glance through it...

-philip