Re: Binary Config file: Protect script(s): Powered-by logo: How to?

On Dec 15, 2005, at 10:15 PM, Michael Hulse wrote:
On Dec 15, 2005, at 10:09 PM, Michael Hulse wrote:
So, if you buy the gallery script, which I did (I think I spent like 20$), the "Powered by Company Name" disappears.

I forgot to add:

When you buy the script, the company will send you a new replacement config.dat file that "magically" removes the "Powered by Company Name" from the bottom of the template pages.

Hello,

Wow, I did not expect to get 0 responses to my original post... Now I feel kinda bad for even asking. :(

Anyway, Let me re-phrase my question: How do you protect your code?

I have heard about commercial options of obfuscating code... But I would love to learn about ways to do the same without paying the big-bucks.

If one were to read my original post, that gallery script has a great system of adding a "Powered By" link to bottom of the template pages... I would love to learn how to do something similar. Anyone feel like sharing? Links? Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Should I go bugger off?

Feel free to contact me off-list.

:)

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,