Re: One big file or many includes?

Martin Leduc wrote:
Hi everyones,

I coding PHP since 2002 and this is the first time I have to take this decision.

My group and I have to build a VERY, VERY BIG website for a callcenter users. Understand I have to create (or use ;)) several code for access, transactions and management.

The customer had buy MSSQL server, so we have to use it and it's working very fine. NO MYSQL!!!! (is not my personal choice ;))

Currently it's already hard to program and now we have many file. We have only 20% done and the code are a real mess!!!

Creating Class, functions, splitting code in several php files using include, see the files sitemap??

So for the optimisation topic, what is THE BEST for the PHP compiler. One big file or many included files?

My personal preference is many includes. My reasoning behind this is there will be portions of the site which will not need all the functions and/or classes. Say I have a site which contains many aspects of a company. The pages which display web stats don't need the code that manages the email lists, so on and so forth. I also divide up some include files that are used on every page (session management, database, error control, etc.), because I find it easier to maintain the scripts that way.

YMMV

--
John C. Nichel IV
Programmer/System Admin (ÜberGeek)