Re: One big file or many includes?

Definitely sounds as if you should be employing the object-orientated methodology, If the project is as big as you say it is then really you should be looking to use some UML planning tool so that you can keep all you code organised. It is ok on smaller projects to bash out some rough plans and get into the coding but with more complex requirements its a recipe for disaster, wait until you client asks for a few seemingly simple changes and then you realize just how important a good design and plan is.

good luck
Adrian

Aaron Koning wrote:

I don't know about whats best for the compiler (rather interpreter), but if
it is a really big site with a lot of access, transaction and management
functionality I recommend you start breaking the code into classes and
separating each class into a file and documenting... A LOT! It will be
clearer to understand and maintain. IMHO.

There are lots of sites out there that describe how to separate web code
into layers such as: display, logic/rules, database interactivity, etc.

Aaron