Re: 4 Digit ID with Leading Zeros

Rahul S. Johari wrote:

Ave,

Primarily the application is for recycling some data. Things will be added
by a client, shortly processed thereafter in-house, and removed. We won't be
reaching the 10,000 records for this application.

Thanks.

Yes, but as I understand it, MySQL will continue to increment as new records are added, so it would be possible that you have only one record in the table, but not be able to add another because of the 4 digit restriction. If this is the case, you will only be able to have 10,000 ADDs, not 10,000 records. Just something to be aware of.

JM