Re: i18n maybe?

hi Richard,

what charset is your DB set to use?
what charset are your output pages set to?
what charset is used for the file which contains the
data you want to import?
what [exactly] do you see for the band name in the import file for
the '3-16' band?

whatever is happening now I think you need to totally
'fix' any relevant strings (artist names) that are extracted
from the 'import file' before inserting anything into the DB...

I don't have a real answer going on here but I certainly feel the
problem .... and I know that you might have a situation currently
were the strings you are trying to transform/'fix' are not
fixable because they are completely borked (for instance trying
to stick certain UTF8 chars into a ISO8859_1 charset field can 'break'
the string)

Richard Lynch wrote:
UPDATE:

What's actually in the database is:

3â¢16

this looks borked; should it not be:

3˜¢ˆˆ¢16

Would '·' output by a browser turn into 'âÂ�¢' ???

thaqt seems unlikely but I'm not going to say no.

If so, what can I do about it?

start from the beginning again ;-)

--
Like Music?