Re: Manage directory security on iis

On Thu, December 1, 2005 1:03 pm, Mariano Guadagnini wrote:
> Hi guys, I wonder if it would be able to manage access to some
> directories using php, on a website using iis 6.0.
> To be more clear, the application i'm working on has a database with
> users, accounts and an administrator. So, i need to grant access to
> specific directories in the site to the users that the admin allow.
> The
> thing is that the accounts created are not present on the system (in
> this case, windows 2003 web edition), but only on the site database, i
> wouldn't like to create a system account per user so as to apply
> windows
> directories polycies. Is there a way to achieve this inside php? i
> know
> that with apache htaccess, this can be done, but i am not able to
> change
> the web server right now.
> Any ideas?

Create a table that has 'user_id' and 'directory' in it and who can
access which as a flag.

Then you check which directory you are in and the user and include()
your login page if they aren't allowed to access that directory
according to your database rules.

There's nothing tricky here, really...

--
Like Music?