Re: weird error, cookies??

Angelo Zanetti wrote:
Hi guys.

Been working on my site and then been trying to navigate through it, the once page redirects to another.

then all of a sudden I get this weird popup (in mozilla) "Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load requested page"

Also IE seems to timeout.

The page redirects from http to https.

yeah and I bet by the time the request comes back to your webserver it sees
it as a HTTP request - ergo an infinite loop.

are you using Squid per chance? or maybe doing something fancy with
url rewriting in Apache? one of those is likely to be causing the infinite loop.

anyone come across this or know what the problem is?

I have been fighting the such a problem all today - a site that requires
HTTPS for logged in customers (only), the site lives behind Squid (reverse proxy)
and Squid hits Apache with HTTP requests... and if you try to hit the login page
as http://mydomain/login.php it redirects to https://mydomain/login.php which
is recieved by Squid which passes it to http://127.0.0.1/login.php - and the redirect
occurs again - lots of fun really, and Squid configuration isn't mind numbingly
painful either!

hth to give you some possible insight :-/

Thanks in advance.