Re: $_POST won't work for me

As I learned recently, register_globals should always be off, you do not
need it to enable GET and POST variables.  I believe enabling it will do
something like set $_POST["name"] to $name automatically (of course there's
always the 90% chance that I'm absolutely wrong).

You might want to see if your _GET variables are working correctly too.  Try
creating a simple page:

<?php  //testGet.php
echo "TEST GET: <br>";
var_dump($_GET);
echo "<br>END TEST";
?>

If you call the page like localhost/testGet.php?testVar=testString than
there might be some security settings within your http server preventing
this and you should check both your http access and error logs.