Re: Lowest PHP version to work with MySQL 4.1.x

AmirBehzad Eslami schrieb:
> I have noted that some versions of PHP are unable to work with MySQL 4.1.x.

Would be new to me but...

> 1) Should I upgrade to PHP 5?
Disregarding your question about databases: Yes you should. PHP5 is
there since well over a year. The dev team WILL stop support for PHP4,
be it sooner or later. With the 5.1 release there are no speed arguments
for PHP4 anymore. If you switch now, you are avoiding bigger adjustment
problems in the future.

> 2) What is the lowest PHP version which works fine with MySQL 4.1.x?

Tip: Look at the relase notes of the different XAMPP versions. They
always bundle a PHP4 version with a MySQL version and they have changed
to MySQL 4.1 very early. Any download they offer means that the
contained versions work well together.

OLLi